Pin it!

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Hyvat Korput - Finnish Biscotti

My Mother loves biscotti. I found out the reason why she eats biscotti is because she can no longer make Korput -- Finnish biscotti anymore.  When I came to my visit my folks today, I found my Dad had made Korput by drying hot dog buns and sprinkling cinnamon sugar on them. They'd seen the recipe in a Finnish American newspaper.  I decided I'd find her Hyvat Korput recipe she used to make and make them for them.  She also used to dry out older pulla and make it into biscotti or korppuja as well. Here is the recipe her friend Piret gave her years ago.

Hyvat Korput

1 cube butter or margarine
pinch of salt
3/4 cup sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
3 cups flour
1 cup milk

Cream butter and sugar well. Mix baking powder into flour then add alternately with milk. Mix batter into small buns and bake them 20 minutes until light brown. Split in half with a fork and allow the rusks to dry even more at a low temperature.

20 minutes
24 korppuja

No comments: