Pin it!

Friday, February 6, 2009

Chocolate Dream Roll

This month's recipe theme is "chocoholic". I'm not really a chocoholic, but do like it. My chocolate eating is mainly chocolate candy bars with Reese's being my favorite, followed by peanut M&Ms. It's a real treat though when I get to eat Fazer (Finnish) and Marabou (Swedish) chocolate. I enjoy brownies too. I like my Grandma's Chocolate cake pudding.  I would love to get the commercial recipe for the cake our friends had at their wedding in California.  Well one of my family's favorites is my Mother's Unelma Torttu which translated means Dream Roll. She got this recipe from her Jukarainen aunt. I made this for our recipe exchange and am glad I have some left over to share with my Mother.

Unelma Torttu

Ingredients:
4 egg yolks
1 cup sugar

4 egg whites
3/4 cup flour
4 T cocoa
2 t baking powder
1/4 t salt

Filling:
1 cube margarine
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 egg or yolk
vanilla

Directions:
Beat yolks until thick and lemon colored; gradually beat in 1/3 cup sugar. In a large bowl, beat whites until soft peaks form, gradually add remaining 2/3 cup sugar, beat until stiff peaks form. Fold yolks into whites. Sift flour, baking powder, cocoa and salt. Fold into egg mixture. Spread on greased wax paper on a cookie sheet.
Bake at 375 degrees for 12 minutes.
Turn onto a dish towel sprinkled with sugar.


Roll, cool completely, unroll, and fill. 



Roll again. 



Cut in half and wrap in saran wrap and keep in refrigerator.




No comments: