Pin it!

Monday, November 19, 2007

Old World Fresh Apple Butter Cake Tastes Great

Using the same castle mold I bought at Wal-Mart, I made this recipe, for our sister-in-law's birthday. I was worried the apples, may leave holes in the turrets, but it came out perfectly again. Also, I really recommend Pam with Flour.


Categories: Desserts
Title: Old World Fresh Apple Butter Cake

Description:
My Mother made this every fall during apple harvest time. It is often my choice for my birthday cake.

Ingredients:
1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
3 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
2 tsp. vanilla
3 cups peeled grated apples
2 cups chopped walnuts


Directions:
In a bowl, beat butter and sugar until well mixed. Gradually add the flour, soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir in vanilla. Fold in apples and walnuts.

Pour into a greased tube pan or bundt pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour 15 minutes. Cool 15 minutes. Glaze if desired. I don't. I did sprinkle powdered sugar on it, so the castle looked like it had freshly fallen snow on it.

2 comments:

Eva-Marie said...

Thank you Maija-Liisa for making this wonderful and oh so delicious cake for me this weekend!!! I loved it!

Eva-Marie

MaijaBlog said...

You are most welcome! Glad it turned out, even if I forgot how much flour is needed. I'll try it again soon with 3 cups of flour.