Pin it!

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Baked Bars for FHE treat

My sister-in-law was talking about some yummy bars she made for her Dad's visit on Sunday, so I tried them last night for our FHE treat. Here is her recipe:

Baked Bars

1 1/2 packages crushed graham crackers
1 cube melted butter
IN a 9x13 melt the butter as the oven warms up.
Pat down crackers when butter is melted. (no need to mix)
Pour one can of sweetened condensed milk over (leaving 1/2 inch on the sides)
Sprinkle 1/2 cup crushed walnuts,
1/2 cup toasted (or not- it will become toasted in the oven) coconut,
1/2 package chocolate chips,
1/2 package of butterscotch chips.
Bake 350 for approx. 25 min. until the milk is bubbling up between the chips and nuts.
Cut and serve with ice cream or cool in fridge and cut for bars when hardened.

I used finely crushed peppermint sticks instead of butterscotch chips, since I was out of them. I served them hot with vanilla and chocolate ice cream. I think peppermint ice cream would have been dynamite on them drizzled with hershey's chocolate syrup. What do think?

This morning our kids each put one in their lunches for dessert.

2 comments:

Susan said...

I made these for Eric last night and they were delicious. I followed the directions exactly - didn't try the peppermint. We loved these - thanks for the recipe!

MaijaBlog said...

I'm glad you liked them. You're welcome.