Pin it!

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Gobble, Gobble, Gobble up the Cookie Turkeys

Years ago, my Mother started the family tradition of making "Cookie Turkeys" to place at each place setting at Thanksgiving Dinner. I also like this tradition and am aware of at least one of her granddaughters who makes them. And my kids are helping me make them tonight.

Cookie Turkeys
40 cookies -- fudge striped or gingerbread
1/4 c. chocolate frosting
2 pkg. (5oz.) chocolate-covered cherries or Old Fashioned creme drops.
20 pieces candy corn
Place 20 cookies on a flat surface, solid chocolate side down. With frosting, attach a chocolate-covered cherry to the top of each base cookie. Position another cookie (some use half of a another cookie) perpendicular to each base cookie to form a tail. Attach with frosting. With a dab of frosting, attach one piece of candy corn (pointy side down) to the front of each cherry for the head. Let stand until set. Yield 20 servings (turkeys).
My husband has our camera tonight and my phone is full of pics, so I looked around for a picture and found it at http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Cookie-Turkeys

No comments: