Pin it!

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Greek Farmer's Market Vegetables

It's recipe party time again!  Tonight's theme is Mediterranean so we can use fresh vegetables from our garden or local Farmer's Market.  Oh, I wish I could run to *Molly Stone's or Whole Foods to buy this olive oil like I used to be able to.  I googled greek mediterranean recipes and found this I thought I'd like

Greek Farmer's Market Vegetables

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get to the recipe party Thursday, so I made this for my parents and again for my own family.  They LOVED it! 
And I altered instead to this.
Preparation time: 1 hour
Ingredients:
1 - 1 1/2 Cup *Lykovouno olive oil
1 lb. zucchini squash
1 lb. potatoes
1 lb. eggplant or yellow squash
2 small onions
3 peppers - one green, red, and yellow
3 tomatoes
1 small bunch chopped parsley or rosemary and thyme
Salt and pepper to taste
Clean and wash your vegetables and cut them into slices. Put all ingredients into a large skillet and stir and coat vegetables with olive oil and cover and simmer, stirring occasionally for approximately 1-1 1/2 hours. Serve with crumbled feta cheese.  Serves 4 to 6.

No comments: