Pin it!

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Pres. Obama's Inaugural Luncheon Menu and Recipes

Today, Barrack Hussein Obama became our 44th President.  It would have been awesome to be in Washington D.C. to participate.  I was able to watch this with my parents in their home and my husband was able to watch it with his parents in their home by chance as he's there on business. What an historic day for our country!  We've recorded it to watch with our children. They have watched this process with us this last year or so.  

Although our nation didn't choose Mitt Romney as we'd hoped, today I watch two LDS politicians intimately involved in the inauguration, one Bob Bennett (R-UT) co-chairing the inauguration and Harry Reid (D-NV) toasting the President as the Senate Majority Leader. 

I just heard that the page that has gotten the most hits on the inauguration website is the one with menus and recipes for today's luncheon sharing what our new President and the First Lady and guests ate.  I would have enjoyed everything except the duck.  

No comments: