Pin it!

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Reunion Potato Salad

We went to visit my husband's parents over "Spud Harvest".  His Mother made me a nice dinner including homemade potato salad.  I haven't had that since my Mother used to make it for us.  It was so yummy.  I know it is a labor of love and it so good.  

Here are each of their yummy, homemade with much, love potato salad recipes.  

My Mother-in-law's Potato Salad
(coming soon)
My Mother's "Reunion Potato Salad"
From the Kitchen of Finlandia Ranch

8 medium red potatoes, cubed
4 to 5 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
2/3 cup sour cream
3 Tbps. sugar (this is key)
3 Tbps. cider or red wine vinegar
2 tsp. prepared mustard
1 1/2 tsp. dried minced onion
1 tsp. celery seed
salt and pepper to taste

Place the potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water.  Cover and bring to a boil; cook until tender, about 15-20 minutes.  Drain and cool.  Place in a bowl; add boiled eggs.  Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over potato mixture and toss to coat.  Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight. 

Yield:  8-10 servings.

No comments: