Pin it!

Monday, December 3, 2007

My Breakfast Green Drink

Since it's so easy for me to skip breakfast and since I know it's better for me to eat something, I make a "Green" Drink for breakfast, where the green comes from "Spring Mix and/or Spinach". It actually tastes great and I feel more satisfied when I drink this during the morning.

Blend together:
2 cups 100% pineapple juice
2 cups 100% papaya juice
very large handful(s) of organic spring mix and or spinach
1 avocado or 2 tsps. flax seed oil
1 banana


Fresh and organic is best, but I use what I can get. Sometimes I use a frozen banana instead or ice cubes to make it cold then. Usually I just drink the first glass as is and put the rest into my empty juice bottle and put it in the fridge and drink more a little bit later.

We use a Vitamix, http://vitamix.com/ but a blender or blender/juicer combination will work,
depending upon what you want to put into it. You can add lots of things to it, but right now, mine is very simple. Sometimes I add an apple.

As a friend who knows about eating more raw foods explains it:

Straight juice goes directly to our bloodstream.
Fruits and veggies blended are like pre-digested food on our system.

What do you put in your green drink and why? Or try it and experiment with what works for you.

Oh, and I feel even better when I drink a glass of water about an hour before I have breakfast. A friend from the "Old World" suggested it, saying it's great for your digestive system too.

No comments: