Pin it!

Friday, July 4, 2014

Filled American Fourth of July Flag Cake




For the Fourth of July I made a filled American flag cake.  


For these  Cookie Sheet Sized Cake Layers I used my mother's bundt cake or sokkeri kakku.  Just pour batter into a large cookie sheet lined with greased, wax paper so the cake will come out.  I baked it for 18-19 minutes at 350 degrees.  I set it aside to cool.
When cool, I placed another empty flat cookie sheet over it to used as the base and turned it onto it. 
 I made strawberry water by putting 8-10 Tablespoons of strawberry jam with 2 cups of water and mixing it together.  I spooned it around the cake so it will soak in.  
When you remove the wax paper, it exposes holes in the cake so this can easily soak in.  

Next I made the whipped cream pudding that I use inbetween and on top of the cake.  Add 1 complete package of cheesecake or white chocolate jello instant pudding and stir in 1 pint of unwhipped whipping cream.  As you stir it, within 5 minutes it will have a perfect consistency to spread and frost with.  First cover the bottom layer completely with this mixture.  

Now place the other cake on top upside down as well. It works better to lift them up together in a V because the cream will adhere itself.  After you peel off the wax paper, then add the strawberry water to this cake and allow it to soak in here as well. Cover it with whipped pudding cream. Spread it around the edges and smooth all over evenly.  Decorate with blueberries and strawberries.  

It is best to make it the day before and refrigerate it so the cake gets moist and the flavor sets in.  I used two of these cake batter recipes and I used 4 boxes of jello pudding and 4 pints of cream.  I used most of a pint of blueberries and most of 2 lbs of strawberries.  

Happy Fourth of July!


1 comment:

Renée said...

Saw this link to your blog on FB. Thanks for sharing your beautiful cake. I'm thinking of all kinds of ways to use it through out the year!!!!