Pin it!

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Grandma's Baked Eggs for Breakfast

My Father was raised on a farm/ranch. They had lots of chickens and cows, so there was an abundance of milk, cream, cheese and eggs. My Grandmother used to make these baked eggs. This dish is fine for luncheon as well as for breakfast, nicely taking place of meat. My Grandma was not much of a meat eater, so she enjoyed these very much. Here is her recipe taken from her pocket note book.

BAKED EGGS FOR BREAKFAST

Place in a baking dish a cup of cream.
Break the eggs into this, keeping them whole.
Sprinkle with salt & pepper and over the top some cream cheese.
Use about 1/2 cup of cheese to six eggs.
Bake about 20 minutes in the oven.

I also served these at our reunion (then left for a tour of what's new on and near campus), since I could bake both these and the french toast.

No comments: