Pin it!

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Blender Whole Wheat Pancakes


My cousin Janis put this recipe in our family cookbook years ago and I just tried them for the first time this morning.  Even though they are thinner than usual, we really liked the taste!  I also like that I can make whole wheat pancakes so easily and quickly with little mess and no stirring.  A bonus is that since you make them in the blender, or in our case the Vitamix, you just pour the batter onto the hot griddle.  

It took my Mother awhile to get used to sweet (maple syrup) on bread (pancakes) when she moved to the U.S.  Now she eats them with an egg on top with maple syrup on it as does most of the rest of our family. It's taken my husband some time to yet used to this taste!  
Try it, you may like it too.
Blender Whole Wheat Pancakes

1 c. whole wheat (the kernels) 
1 c. water or milk

Add and blend 4 minutes more (less for vitamix):
1/2 c. oil
1/2 c. milk
2 eggs
1/2 tsp. salt
4 tsp. baking powder

1 comment:

BrAdams said...

We added 1/3 cup of quick oats at the beginning. It made the batter thicker. We also added 1 T of sugar.