Pin it!

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Green Lemonade or Green Smoothie Please

Thanks Chari for sharing with me some of your great smoothie recipes to try. I love my Vitamix (www.vitamix.com) industrial blender and my Jack La Lane juicer (http://www.everythingkitchens.com/jack_lalane_power_juicer.html) when I am making smoothies.

Fruit smoothies
Bananas (ripe! can be frozen without skin in freezer- makes smoothie chillier)
Fresh fruit
Frozen fruit
water
Blend!

Green smoothies
handful greens (spinach, parsley, romaine, kale, etc..)
2 ripe pears ( any juicy fruit peeled oranges, peaches, nectarines, strawberries, etc)
2-4 stalks celery
water to cover
Blend! (more water to thin or less for thicker)

Green Lemonade
(Juice all)
1 head romaine or celery
5-6 stalks kale
1-2 apples
1 whole lemon
1-2 T fresh ginger
JUICE! Drink up!
The lemon cuts the "green" flavor.

No comments: