Pin it!

Monday, August 6, 2007

It's zucchini time, so lock your car doors!

Today, my Mother requested I find this recipe in her 1978 Relief Society cookbook and make it today since it's ZUCCHINI
time.

This time of year we are warned, "Watch out, lock your doors, or someone will fill your car with zucchini while you are at church on Sunday!"

Usually there is such an abundance of zucchini and we've experienced this, especially when we lived in Utah. Feel free to comment with your favorite zucchini recipe or story here! This year I have no garden, so actually I hope someone will give us zucchini. Today, I bought some to make this moist and delicious cake.

Title: Chocolate Zucchini Cake

Ingredients:
1/2 c. margarine
1/2 c. oil
1 3/4 c sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. sour cream
4 Tbp. cocoa
1/2 tsp soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp. cloves
6 oz. chocolate chips
1/2 c. nuts (optional)

Directions:
Cream margarine, oil, and sugar. Add eggs, vanilla and sour
cream. Add dry ingredients. Stir in zucchini and nuts. Pour into
9x13 cake pan. Sprinkle chips on top. Bake 40-45 minutes at
325 degrees. (Moist and delicious!)

3 comments:

Blake said...

Oh this sounds so good! I might have to make some of this!!

Cire said...

Hey Maija - I was just on "Shannon"'s blog on your links, and she has pictures of one of her twins, Benjamin, showing him in his 1st and 2nd jobs - what is that all about? That is Uncle Donald (Becky's husband) in the advertisement too - where he works as well as Sarah during the summers.

MaijaBlog said...

Eric, "Collins Comfort Masters" is my Shannon's business. So basically Benjamin starred because she sent her dad some photos of his grandchildren and he decided to use that one. Small world that Donald works in the business. I could hardly believe it when I saw the two photos!